[comp.unix.questions] Seeking additional RCS info

daniels@well.UUCP (05/16/87)

	Hello. I use RCS from time to time, and am looking for more info
than can be found in the man pages on it. Specifically, has anyone
out there written additional documentation/tutorials on using RCS
that they could send to me (public domain only, please), or know
of a book that has a good chapter on it? I think I have a good
setup now (I've written a few shell scripts that work with multiple
directories for archiving source code), but I am interested in ideas
on what others have done with it. tanksalot!

					dan

    "My witty quote ran off with a sexy    | disclaimer: If you whine at
      young paragraph..."                  | my employer about me, we'll
dan smith, island graphics, marin co., ca  | just post it on the refrigerator!
uucp: ..!ucbvax!ucbcad!well!island!daniel  | I'm responsible for what I say.

steve@lithium.UUCP (Steve Ashcroft) (05/18/87)

On the subject of RCS, does anyone have more information about
an RCS compatable version of make? I believe that there is a version
which knows how to extract and make files from RCS directories etc.
--

	Steve Ashcroft. 		 ...ukc!kcl-cs!steve

gww@beatnix.UUCP (Gary Winiger) (05/25/87)

In article <145@lithium.UUCP> steve@lithium.UUCP (Steve Ashcroft) writes:

>On the subject of RCS, does anyone have more information about
>an RCS compatable version of make? I believe that there is a version
>which knows how to extract and make files from RCS directories etc.
>--
>
>	Steve Ashcroft. 		 ...ukc!kcl-cs!steve

The version of make that knows about RCS was distributed on the 84.1 Usenix
tape.  It is an older version of make, but with a little work the mods made
could be patched into the current make.

You can get the 84.1 Usenix tape from Usenix for a nominal fee.

Gary..