[comp.unix.questions] uux problems

Geoffm@AFSC-HQ.arpa (05/27/87)

I am trying to bring us a 4.3 system and whenever I try to use the uux
command either directly or through sendmail I get this error:
  uux failed. code -1

can anyone help me?

	geoff

-------

haral@unisol.UUCP (Haral Tsitsivas) (05/31/87)

In article <7543@brl-adm.ARPA> Geoffm@AFSC-HQ.arpa (USAFA) writes:
>I am trying to bring us a 4.3 system and whenever I try to use the uux
>command either directly or through sendmail I get this error:
>  uux failed. code -1

That sounds like a problem I had a while back when one of my disks
was going bad.  It turned out that the binary was corrupted.  The
problem was fixed by recompiling and re-installing uux.  The problem
here may also be with one of the programs subsidiary to uux (like
uumail or smail?).  A good way to find out would be to invoke uux
manually...  (Is it also possible that your problem is with uuxqt?).

--Haral

rick@seismo.CSS.GOV (Rick Adams) (06/01/87)

uux, like most of the uucp suite of programs takes a debugging flag.

It might help a lot to run "uux -x9" and see if the debuggin output is
any help.

---rick