[comp.unix.questions] Basic and Basic->C converter wanted

dave@uwmcsd1.UUCP (Dave Rasmussen) (06/17/87)

Looking for recommendations for what kind of basic (yes, basic) to run
on a 4.3bsd unix system (sperry 7040 (tahoe) to be exact). I have a
version of UBC basic that has severe garbage collection problems among
other things. Had Phil's Basic running under 4.2 for a while. Any other
ideas?

And if I don't come up with a decent working basic, are there any basic->C
comverters archived anywhere on the net, or for retail? I have a few folks
here who don't want to learn a real programming language. :-(

Email please... I will post a summary after a while.

--
Dave Rasmussen c/o Computing Services Division @ U of WI - Milwaukee
Internet: dave@csd1.milw.wisc.edu  Uucp: uwvax!uwmcsd1!dave    {o,o}

rbl@nitrex.UUCP (06/19/87)

In article <2290@uwmcsd1.UUCP> dave@uwmcsd1.UUCP (Dave Rasmussen) writes:

>Looking for recommendations for what kind of basic (yes, basic) to run
>on a 4.3bsd unix system (sperry 7040 (tahoe) to be exact). ...

BASMARK (216)-621-7650 has a compiled BASIC that runs on a variety of
UNIX environments.  I believe the contact is Gary Goins.

Rob Lake
decvax!cwruecmp!nitrex!rbl