[comp.unix.questions] mkmf distribution

kurt@hi.UUCP (Kurt Zeilenga) (08/11/87)

I was wondering if anyone knows of any restrictions on the
distribution of mkmf(1) (came on the 4.3BSD tape as a outside
UCB contribution from Peter Nicklin).  As on the 4.3 tape
there was no copyright notice (or at least I could find it) and
thus would assume we could only distribute it within the provisions
of our 4.3BSD agreement.  Was it ever distributed on USENET or
other service?  (with a copyright notice?)

Anyone know where the author lives? (like an e-mail address).

These question pertain distribution of mkmf(1) with another
freeware package.

Thanks (e-mail response to me).

mitchell@cadovax.UUCP (08/14/87)

In article <13154@hi.UUCP> kurt@hi.UUCP (Kurt Zeilenga) writes:
>I was wondering if anyone knows of any restrictions on the
>distribution of mkmf(1) (came on the 4.3BSD tape as a outside
>UCB contribution from Peter Nicklin).  ...

Will mkmf recompile and run on System V.2,3 (has anybody tried it)?
How about SCO Xenix?  If so, would the makefile that it produces work
in the Xenix/System V environment???
--
Mitchell Lerner
#  {ucbvax,ihnp4,decvax}!trwrb!cadovax!mitchell