[comp.unix.questions] DCL shell for Unix

cgf@ednor.UUCP (Chris Faylor) (08/24/87)

In article <8947@brl-adm.ARPA> either
    ank@cunyvms or oneill#robin%e.mfenet@nmfecc.arpa writes:
(I can't tell from the posting which one to flame)
>Here is what I know of such a beast:
>
>Boston Business Computing has a VCL which is VMS command language interpreter
>for VAX
>
>It is available for MS-DOS and Unix
>
>It allows all syntax's of DCL as well as allows you to run UNIX commands too
>
>Have I used It ????? NO
>
>I did though play with it for two hours at my friend's machine (who is not
>on any-net...Yetch!!!!!! so much for my opinion)
              ^^^^^^^^^^^

>There was also a ref. in Digital Review few issues back.

Well, Boston Business Computing is on the net, and Boston Business Computing
is a little annoyed.  Since we have not released the product yet, I fail
to see how you could have played with it on a friend's machine, unless your
friend received a Beta test copy.  As far as I know none were distributed
in your area(s).

Also, comments such as "Yetch!!!" are ALWAYS nonproductive.  I don't know you.
Personally you may be the kind of individual from whom a "Yetch!!!" is a
great reason for buying the product.  Or, you may be a highly perceptive
DCL user who uncovered serious flaws in our product.  If you did, a
description, however brief, of what you didn't like would be much more
informative than any expletive.  I would expect that any evaluation you do
would be on an actual released version of the product, though.

Boston Business Computing is a small company, and we made the (unfortunately)
classic mistake of announcing VCL's availability too soon.  There are a number
of reasons for this.  We are working on correcting all of them.  VCL is
now very near shipment.  When it does ship want very much to hear about the
problems any of our users find.  I just hope that the reports we get will be
a little more informative than this posting.

Chees.
--
			-Chris Faylor-
		       uunet!ednor!cgf