[comp.unix.questions] EMC Memory Stretch Kit

mcgowan@ur-tut.UUCP (Craig McGowan) (09/21/87)

We have a VAX 750 with an EMC L002 Memory Stretch Kit.  It was running VMS,
but now we want to put Unix up on it.

Has anyone done this?  If so were there any modifications to the system
required?
--
Craig McGowan
University of Rochester

chris@mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) (09/22/87)

In article <109@ur-tut.UUCP> mcgowan@ur-tut.UUCP (Craig McGowan) writes:
>We have a VAX 750 with an EMC L002 Memory Stretch Kit.  It was running VMS,
>but now we want to put Unix up on it.
>
>Has anyone done this?  If so were there any modifications to the system
>required?

`Unix' is insufficient information.  4.3BSD Unix will run on a 750
with up to 64M of main memory (although as far as I know there is
no way to cram that much RAM into one poor little 750).

Memory error reporting is done via fixed locations on the 750 (see
vax/cpudata.c, in paritcular `nexty750[]', and vax/autoconf.c), so
there is nothing here to change.