[comp.unix.questions] mounting forms on lp ??????

don@grc.UUCP (09/24/87)

I am using System V.2.2 on a NSC32032 based system.

I have a printer connected via serial rs232 port.  I want to be
able to mount different forms on the printer for various reports
(such as mailing labels, invoices, etc.).

What do I need to do to the interface shell script, or any other program
(I have only binaries for all but the interface program) to
accommodate changing forms without other reports in the print
queue printing on those forms, and vice-versa?

I am in desperate need of a quick solution.  Your collective
help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Don Woelz
GENROCO, Inc.
{seismo?, ames, rutgers, harvard}!uwvax!uwmcsd1!grc!don

pls@sortac.UUCP (Pat Sullivan) (09/29/87)

In article <742@grc.UUCP> don@grc.UUCP (Donald D. Woelz) writes:
>What do I need to do to the interface shell script, or any other program
>(I have only binaries for all but the interface program) to
>accommodate changing forms without other reports in the print
>queue printing on those forms, and vice-versa?
>Don Woelz
>GENROCO, Inc.
>{seismo?, ames, rutgers, harvard}!uwvax!uwmcsd1!grc!don

Probably the easiest way is to use "lpadmin" to define a different
lp class/printer for each form and only "enable" the printer for
the loaded forms (i.e., "disable" all other printers).

Reports for other lp classes will wait patiently in queue until the
associated printer is "enable"'d.

Pat Sullivan - {akgua|ihnp4}!sortac!pls - voice 404-257-7382