[comp.unix.questions] Request for Books on BSD sockets etc ..

shashi@temvax.UUCP (10/30/87)

--------------* This is a posting for a friend *------------------------
Hello

I am looking for literature ( books or papers) for teaching students
systems programming in BSD UNIX using sockets, ioctls etc.. with a few
examples.

I know there are books that deal with System V like Marc Rochkind's
book.

thanks

--------------* This is a posting for a friend *------------------------

I would appreciate if could email your responses to me. I will forward
them to him.

Thanks in advance.

 ---------------------
 |  ------- -------  |
      ----- ------
      ------------  UUCP : { ihnp4,cbosgd,rutgers}!{bpa,cbmvax}!temvax!shashi

gp@picuxa.UUCP (Greg Pasquariello X1190) (11/10/87)

In article <142@temvax.UUCP>, shashi@temvax.UUCP (N Shashidhar) writes:

> I am looking for literature ( books or papers) for teaching students
> systems programming in BSD UNIX using sockets, ioctls etc.. with a few
> examples.
> I would appreciate if could email your responses to me. I will forward
> them to him.

	Actually, if you could mail them to me too, I would be highly
	appreciative.

	Thanks.

	Greg

knutson@milano.UUCP (11/10/87)

Try:

C Programming in the Berkeley Unix Environment
R. Nigel Horspool
ISBN 0-13-109760-1

Jim Knutson

mary@infinet.UUCP (Mary O. Bennett) (11/13/87)

I too would be interested.  Perhaps you could post the references??

Thanks,
	Mary