[comp.unix.questions] Need getty/login sources

ron@vsedev.VSE.COM (Ron Flax) (11/16/87)

In article <51@ucrmath.UUCP> jantypas@hope.UUCP (John Antypas) writes:
>Let's see if anyone of the wizards out there can handle this.  I need
>getty/login source for a Sys V/2 system.  I need these because the standard
>system sources do not have a way of logging who attempted to log into your
>system the other day.  I suspect I'm on someone's kiddle-list of "fun

It can easily be handled, but if you have the 'standard system
sources', you can easily fix this yourself.  You can log bad login
attempts on all or selected tty lines at your discretion by adding a
simple printf statement to login.c.

--
ron@vsedev.vse.com	(Ron Flax)
uucp:	..!uunet!vsedev!ron