[comp.unix.questions] unix t-shirts

miken@hcr.UUCP (11/17/87)

ssfle (small snack for line eater)

i would dearly love to get my little claws on a "real" UNIX t-shirt.
a guy working in my last place of employment had one. it was a blue
shirt with the legend "UNIX is a trademark of Bell Laboratories"
across the front. i offered to trade him my "luxo" (pixar) t-shirt
but he refused (i still don't understand how he could have refused),
so does anybody out there in netland know where i can get one?
(actually two of them, one of them for me, another for a friend)

(there used to be a company in SF called "The Independent UNIX Bookstore"
that advertised in UNIX review, and claimed to have such shirts, but i
can find no trace of them today. does anyone know what happened to them?)

Mike Nemeth                          "You are what you know." - James Burke
...utzoo!hcr!miken

usrgroup@utgpu.UUCP (11/20/87)

/usr/group/cdn has T-shirts.  They are white, with a blue license plate
motiv.  Something like this:

______________ ____ _____________
\             \____/            /
 \__                         __/
   |  --------------------  |
   |  |  /usr/group/cdn  |  |
   |  |      U N I X     |  |
   |  |yours to discover |  |
   |  --------------------  |
   |                        |
   |                        |
   |                        |
   |                        |
   --------------------------
They usually sell for $15.  (100% cotton, made in Canada)

Now, for the good news:

The 2nd annual UniXmas Extravaganza will be on Wed Dec 9, 1830, at the
Metro Toronto Board of Trade, 3rd Floor, First Canadian Place.

This is an invitation-only event, for members and VIPs.

New members, who take out a general membership ($100) at the party will
be admitted to the party ($20 worth of food and drink alone)
+ get a complimentary T-shirt

[BTW, the benefits you get in publications alone (CommUNIXations, product
catalog) exceed membership fees already. -- contact me for details]

[BTW+, I think this T-shirt is a bit tacky, but I do wear it to Unix Unanimous
meetings.  If anyone knows about T-shirt technology, and is interested in
producing a really attractive one, (perhaps a "tee | shirt") please contact me.]

[BTW++, I better not add yet another BTW -- my Hayes modem might over-react.]

Peter Renzland  416/964-9141  VP,  (User Services)      mnetor!ontmoh!peter
/usr/group/cdn  The Canadian Network of UNIX Users
utgpu!usrgroup
Administrative  Office  416/259-8122  241 Gamma St  ETOBICOKE  Ont  M8W 4G7

dmt@ptsfa.UUCP (Dave Turner) (11/20/87)

In article <2955@hcr.UUCP> miken@hcr.UUCP writes:

>i would dearly love to get my little claws on a "real" UNIX t-shirt.
>a guy working in my last place of employment had one. it was a blue
>shirt with the legend "UNIX is a trademark of Bell Laboratories"

I have a UNIX t-shirt that is about 10 or 11 years old that I still like
and would like to have another.

It has a picture of a 11/70 with lots of pipes, cute little demons with forks,
a /dev/null bit bucket, etc.

It was produced by a company named: Tri-Color located somewhere around Ohio or
Illinois.

I was cute and much nicer than the blue t-shirt.

--
Dave Turner	415/542-1299	{ihnp4,lll-crg,qantel,pyramid}!ptsfa!dmt

rwa@auvax.UUCP (Ross Alexander) (11/22/87)

In article <3800@ptsfa.UUCP>, dmt@ptsfa.UUCP (Dave Turner) writes:
> I was cute and much nicer than the blue t-shirt.

Well, if you say so, Dave.  But there may be other opinions out there ;-)
Perhaps that should be cross-posted to soc.singles or whatever?
[ sorry, Dave, but I just _had_ to post.  I know it was a typo... ]

BTW, does anyone remember the QED t-shirt; the one with "WMXPL" (world's
most expensive programming language) and the nifty RE on the back?  Mine
wore out years ago, and I wouldn't mind replacing it.

Ross Alexander @ Athabasca U
alberta!auvax!rwa

jangr@microsoft.UUCP (Jan Grey) (11/28/87)

In article <413@auvax.UUCP> rwa@auvax.UUCP (Ross Alexander) writes:
>BTW, does anyone remember the QED t-shirt; the one with "WMXPL" (world's
>most expensive programming language) and the nifty RE on the back?  Mine
>wore out years ago, and I wouldn't mind replacing it.

On the front, mine says "qed" with interlocking letters a la the "yes" logo.
On the back, "eb/[^<>]|<\eb*>/", that is, match properly nested "<>"s.
More powerful than a regular regular expression!

Jan Gray   Microsoft Corp.   Redmond, WA