[net.cooks] Upcoming Indian cookbook

wmartin@brl-tgr.ARPA (Will Martin ) (09/13/85)

Good news! If some of you recall, I once posted some comments about what
I'd like to see in Indian recipes. This was at the time of the inception
of net.nlang.india, and it was cross-posted to net.cooks. Well, it
appears that someone is actually creating just the exact right cookbook
that I wanted! See the below, extracted from a recent net.nlang.india
posting:

In article <516@im4u.UUCP> riddle@im4u.UUCP (Prentiss Riddle) writes:
>There is a professor of geography here in Austin, a U.S. citizen of Gujarati
>origin, who ... wants to found a publishing house
>producing books for the Indian market in North America.
>
>To give you an idea of what he has in mind, here are a few of the projects
>in the works:

[extracted just this one]
>  -- a cookbook, aimed at Indian tastes but using ingredients and cooking
>     techniques adapted to North American kitchens;

I can only hope the project succeeds and this cookbook comes out soon!

I am mailing a request for more info, and will post if I learn any more.

Will