[comp.unix.questions] keypress capture

ben@idsnh.UUCP (Ben Smith) (05/25/88)

I know that I have done this, but (darn) I forgot how: capture the
keypresses while running a program.  I think there was some
kind of tee and some pipe stdin.  Something like:
	tee logfile | program
but that doesn't seem to work all the time.  Anyone?
(Prefer csh.)
--
Integrated Decision Systems, Inc.    | Benjamin Smith - East Coast Tech. Office
The fitting solution in professional | Peterborough, NH

daniel@unicom.UUCP (Dan "clip Bush in 88..." Smith) (05/27/88)

In article <30@idsnh.UUCP> ben@idsnh.UUCP (Ben Smith) writes:
>I know that I have done this, but (darn) I forgot how: capture the
>keypresses while running a program.

	Chances are there are enough people out there who want to know
this, hence the net followup...

	"script" is a command that captures stdin, stdout... this is from
the man page:

	Script makes a typescript of everything printed on your ter-
	minal.   The  typescript  is written to file, or appended to
	file if the -a option is given.  It can be sent to the  line
	printer  later  with  lpr.   If  no  file name is given, the
	typescript is saved in the file typescript.

	The script ends when the forked shell exits.

			hope that duz it,

				dan

dan smith, island graphics, marin co, ca, good natured infonaut, hoopy frood
4000 civic center dr., san rafael 94903 | dis: they're solely my opinions...
uucp: {ucbvax!ucbcad,sun}!island!daniel | ph: +1 (415) 491 1000 (W), 332 FAST,
uucp: {pacbell,pixar}!unicom!daniel     | 332 EASY (H)| unix/films/rock/feasts