[comp.unix.questions] Berkeley Unix Books

SHUTTER%ITHACA.BITNET@cornellc.ccs.cornell.edu (07/14/88)

>I'm looking for pointers to intro Berkley UNIX systems programming books.  All
>of the books that I have seen so far are for System V.  Any suggestions would
>be welcome.
>
>Ed Stuart (rs3r+@andrew.cmu.edu)

Try:    "An Introduction to Berkeley Unix"
        by Paul Wang
        Wadsworth Publishing Company
        Box CS-03-88
        Ten Davis Drive
        Belmont, California 94002

Wendy Shutter (shutter@ithaca.bitnet)

fyl@ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) (07/16/88)

In article <16495@brl-adm.ARPA>, SHUTTER%ITHACA.BITNET@cornellc.ccs.cornell.edu writes:

> >I'm looking for pointers to intro Berkley UNIX systems programming books.  All
> >of the books that I have seen so far are for System V.  Any suggestions would
> >be welcome.

> Try:    "An Introduction to Berkeley Unix"

SSC (I work there) publishes a Pocket Reference for BSD4.2 and 4.3
(as well as XENIX, System V, ...).
This is a summary of commands.  Terse but pocked sized. Really useful
if you use different flavors of UNIX at work and home or school and work
or ...

Anyway, they are available in quite a few college bookstores and some
non-college bookstores or:
		Sandy Webb
		SSC, Inc.
		P.O. Box 55549