[comp.unix.questions] NBS time phone number?

davidsen@steinmetz.ge.com (William E. Davidsen Jr) (07/20/88)

  I took the program recently posted to capture the correct time from
NBS, and compiled it, set up the script, etc. My problem is that the
number, 201-653-0351 hasn't answered in three days. I assume that the
number has been changed. I've dialed by hand, and it rings but no
answer. I would love to stop setting systems from WWV every few days.

  Since this info may be generally useful, would anyone having the
correct number please post?
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu@ge-crd.arpa)

wnp@dcs.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) (07/20/88)

In article <11577@steinmetz.ge.com> davidsen@crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:

 >  I took the program recently posted to capture the correct time from
 >NBS, and compiled it, set up the script, etc. My problem is that the
 >number, 201-653-0351 hasn't answered in three days. I assume that the
 >number has been changed. I've dialed by hand, and it rings but no
 >answer. I would love to stop setting systems from WWV every few days.
 >
 >  Since this info may be generally useful, would anyone having the
 >correct number please post?

The correct number is 202-653-0351, and appears in a comment at the top
of utc.c. The number in the posting's introduction is mis-typed.

Hope this helps!
UUCP:     killer!dcs!wnp                 ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN:   wnp@dcs.UUCP                   TLX: 910-380-0585 EES PLANO UD