[comp.unix.questions] Loading color maps

kennel@minnie.cognet.ucla.edu (Matthew Kennel) (07/26/88)

In article <2112@ssc-vax.UUCP> benoni@ssc-vax.UUCP (Charles L Ditzel) writes:
>Why write it...there is an Apollo command <do a shift help> for changing
>the color map on the fly ...of course it is late at night  and I have no
>apollo in front of me ..and I forgotten the command...something like lcm
>...or something like that comes to mind

Yes there is a DM command LCM to ``Load Color Map'' but it does NOT
work for me!  I do a LCM at the command line and it spits out

(LCM) Unknown command name

in the message window.  From a unix shell there is an ``lcm'' command
that reloads the color map, but the changes do not take effect until after rebooting,
I believe.

What is odd, is that I seem to remember that LCM worked for me at one time, but
now doesn't.  Other people have reported this as well.

Matt Kennel
kennel@cognet.ucla.edu