[comp.unix.questions] Ditroff previewing on a Tek 4014/X terminal/Sun

dce@mips.COM (David Elliott) (07/18/88)

I have made a couple of attempts to preview ditroff output using
the tc filter.  That is, I have gotten onto a Tek 4014 emulator
and executed

	troff -TIMAGEN file | tc

The result is pretty bad.  Characters are squished together and
the output is only (slightly) useful for debugging.

I have tried this both on a Graphon GO235 and an xterm window
emulating a 4014, with the same results.

Do I need a different set of fonts?  If so, which set?  The documentation
for tc is pretty lousy.

--
David Elliott		dce@mips.com  or  {ames,prls,pyramid,decwrl}!mips!dce

In article <2617@quacky.mips.COM> dce@mips.COM (David Elliott) writes:
>	troff -TIMAGEN file | tc
>The result is pretty bad.  Characters are squished together and
>the output is only (slightly) useful for debugging.

Yes, that's the way it's supposed to be.  "tc" is only for debugging.
If you have a DMD/MTG use "proof"; similar troff viewers are available
for Suns too.