[comp.unix.questions] ndir for vtree

pjh@mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg) (10/05/88)

I was about to compile 'vtree' when I noticed the requirement for Doug
Gwyn's directory-reading programs.  I also noticed that 'rn' includes a
program called 'ndir.c'.  Are these the same?  If not, how do I get
Doug's?  Thanks.

Pete Holsberg                   UUCP: {...!rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Technology Division                   ...!att!jonlab!mccc!pjh
Mercer College			CompuServe: 70240,334
1200 Old Trenton Road           GEnie: PJHOLSBERG
Trenton, NJ 08690               Voice: 1-609-586-4800

gwyn@smoke.ARPA (Doug Gwyn ) (10/06/88)

In article <303@mccc.UUCP> pjh@mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg) writes:
>I was about to compile 'vtree' when I noticed the requirement for Doug
>Gwyn's directory-reading programs.  I also noticed that 'rn' includes a
>program called 'ndir.c'.  Are these the same?  If not, how do I get
>Doug's?  Thanks.

The best way is to send me email (Gwyn@BRL.MIL); gateway via uunet
if necessary.  The version posted some time ago has a problem with
14-character names on old UNIX file systems.

There are several suppliers of similar packages, starting with
McKusick of UCB.  Mine tries to follow the POSIX spec..