[comp.unix.questions] /usr/group

jfjr@mitre-bedford.ARPA (Jerome Freedman) (10/17/88)

   I am looking to get some tech reports from /usr/group.
Anybody know the address or how to reach them??

                                    Jerry Freedman, Jr
                                    617 271 8398
                                    jfjr@mitre-bedford.arpa

Jerry Freedman, Jr       "Why did
jfjr@mitre-bedford.arpa      Unix come from the east?"
(617)271-3191

jpr@dasys1.UUCP (Jean-Pierre Radley) (10/20/88)

In article <41054@linus.UUCP> jfjr@mitre-bedford.arpa (Freedman) writes:
>   I am looking to get some tech reports from /usr/group.
>Anybody know the address or how to reach them??

The one thing they _don't_ seem to have in any of their publications is an
electronic address. Anyhow, /usr/group is at
	4655 Old Ironsides Dr., #200
	Santa Clara, CA 95054
	Tel: 405-986-8840
	Fax: 405-986-1645
--

Time is nature's way of				Jean-Pierre Radley
making sure that everything			jpr@dasys1.UUCP

littauer@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Tom Littauer) (10/20/88)

In article <7088@dasys1.UUCP> jpr@dasys1.UUCP (Jean-Pierre Radley) writes:

>The one thing they _don't_ seem to have in any of their publications is an
>electronic address. Anyhow, /usr/group is at
>	4655 Old Ironsides Dr., #200
>	Santa Clara, CA 95054
>	Tel: 405-986-8840
             ^^^
>	Fax: 405-986-1645
             ^^^
The area code is 408. 405 is Oklahoma.
--
UUCP:  littauer@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,ames,uunet}!amdahl!littauer

I'll tell you when I'm giving you the party line. The rest of the time
it's my very own ravings (accept no substitutes).

peter@ontmoh.UUCP (Peter Renzland) (10/21/88)

In article <41054@linus.UUCP>, jfjr@mitre-bedford.ARPA (Jerome Freedman) asks:

>    I am looking to get some tech reports from /usr/group.
> Anybody know the address or how to reach them??

The following is taken from the call for votes for comp.org.usrgroup, which
I created a few months ago:

As you know, /usr/group, "The International Network of UNIX Users", sponsors
UniForum and produces a variety of publications.  Currently there are over
3,200 members worldwide, as well as many affiliated national and local UNIX
user groups.  Since its formation in 1980, /usr/group has been the driving
force behind UNIX operating system standardization.  For more information
about /usr/group, contact Joe Fagenstrom, /usr/group, 4655 Old Ironsides Dr.,
#200, Santa Clara, CA 95054, USA; 1-408-986-8840, sco!usrgrp!joe

I'm hoping that if many people use e-mail to write to the /usr/group office,
that the /usr/group office will in turn appreciate the nature and value of
the Net more.  In any case, the newsgroup comp.org.usrgroup is available for
discussion of /usr/group matters (including the technical working groups), as
well as other Unix user activities (Usenix of course has its own newsgroup).

--
Peter Renzland @ Ontario Ministry of Health  416/964-9141  peter@ontmoh.UUCP
/usr/group/cdn Director           /* ugc office: 259-8122  usrgroup@utgpu */

domo@riddle.UUCP (Dominic Dunlop) (10/21/88)

In article <41054@linus.UUCP> jfjr@mitre-bedford.arpa (Freedman) writes:

>   I am looking to get some tech reports from /usr/group.
>Anybody know the address or how to reach them??

At the risk of adding to a truck-load of follow-ups (none of which has yet
reached this system):

	/usr/group
	4655 Old Ironsides Drive, Suite 200
	Santa Clara, CA 95054

	(408) 986 8840

Their net address is usrgrp.UUCP.  I don't have any user names there, but I
giess you could try postmaster@usrgrp.UUCP and hope.
--
Dominic Dunlop
domo@sphinx.co.uk  domo@riddle.uucp

ralph@ralmar.UUCP (Ralph Barker) (10/22/88)

In article <7088@dasys1.UUCP>, jpr@dasys1.UUCP (Jean-Pierre Radley) writes:
> The one thing they _don't_ seem to have in any of their publications is an
> electronic address......

They can be reached at:

   ...amdahl!unixprt!ralmar!usrgrp!jon

--
Ralph Barker, RALMAR Business Systems, 640 So Winchester Blvd, San Jose,CA 95128
uucp: ...{pyramid, sun}!amdahl!unixprt----\ !ralmar!ralph

jpr@dasys1.UUCP (Jean-Pierre Radley) (11/02/88)

In article <460@ralmar.UUCP> ralph@ralmar.UUCP (Ralph Barker) writes:
>In article <7088@dasys1.UUCP>, jpr@dasys1.UUCP (Jean-Pierre Radley) writes:
>> The one thing they _don't_ seem to have in any of their publications is an
>> electronic address......
>They can be reached at:
>   ...amdahl!unixprt!ralmar!usrgrp!jon

I stand not only corrected but shame-faced. I've done my homework a little
more thoroughly, and found also this path to /usr/group:

     ...cucard!cmcl2!ll-xn!ames!oliveb!sco!usrgrp!...

--
Jean-Pierre Radley		Honi soit		jpr@dasys1.UUCP
New York, New York		qui mal			...!hombre!jpradley!jpr