[comp.unix.questions] MS-Windows Terminal Program

alb1@rruxw.UUCP (Albert L Barbee) (11/05/88)

I am trying to use the the MS-Windows Terminal program to
log on to UNIX R/T but our termcap specification for ansi
is the same as vt100.  I want a spec which closes around
deleted lines in vi, rather than the "@" to fill the void.

Any help (other than comments to use a REAL terminal program)
would be appreciated.

Lynn Barbee                     Bell Communications Research
(201) 699-5252                  444 Hoes Lane  4D-572
alb1@bellcore.bellcore.com      Piscataway NJ 08817

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) (11/09/88)

In article <224@rruxw.UUCP> alb1@rruxw.UUCP (Albert L Barbee) writes:
>I want a spec which closes around
>deleted lines in vi, rather than the "@" to fill the void.

Check the so-called "baud rate" that the UNIX terminal handler
thinks you're using.  If it is set too low, "vi" will do funny
things like that.  (Use "stty 9600" to fix this.)