[net.cooks] Recipe - Logger Cookies

gml@ssc-vax.UUCP (Gregory M Lobdell) (10/14/85)

After much talk about apples, here's my favorite cookie recipe:

LOGGER COOKIES
2 cups Margarine (1 lb.)
2 cups Brown Sugar
2 cups White Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla
4 beaten Eggs
4 cups Flour
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
4 cups Oatmeal
4 cups Rice Crispies
2 cups Coconut

Stir together.  Drop on greased cookie sheet.
Bake 350F, 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
This is a BIG recipe, 27 doz!?! actually half that if you make
reasonable sized cookies, but still a lot.  If there are less than
four eating out of your cookie jar, make a half batch.

Gregg Lobdell

gail@calmasd.UUCP (Gail B. Hanrahan) (10/16/85)

In article <289@ssc-vax.UUCP> gml@ssc-vax.UUCP (Gregory M Lobdell) writes:
>After much talk about apples, here's my favorite cookie recipe:
>
>LOGGER COOKIES
><other ingredients>
>4 cups Rice Crispies

Can one leave out or substitute something else for the Rice
Crispies?  I'd hate to buy a whole box of that stuff just for a
couple of cups worth.   (I'd half this recipe -- too big!)--

Gail Bayley Hanrahan
Calma Company, San Diego
{ihnp4,decvax,ucbvax}!sdcsvax!calmasd!gail

In article <587@calmasd.UUCP>, gail@calmasd.UUCP (Gail B. Hanrahan) writes:
>In article <289@ssc-vax.UUCP> gml@ssc-vax.UUCP (Gregory M Lobdell) writes:
>>After much talk about apples, here's my favorite cookie recipe:
>>LOGGER COOKIES
>><other ingredients>
>>4 cups Rice Crispies
>Can one leave out or substitute something else for the Rice
>Crispies?  I'd hate to buy a whole box of that stuff just for a
>couple of cups worth.   (I'd half this recipe -- too big!)--
>Gail Bayley Hanrahan

Well, there's always Marshmallow Treats :-).
|        skokie, illinois        |
 --------------------------------   Path: ..!ihnp4!ttrdc!levy

gml@ssc-vax.UUCP (Gregory M Lobdell) (10/21/85)

> >LOGGER COOKIES
> ><other ingredients>
> >4 cups Rice Crispies
>
> Can one leave out or substitute something else for the Rice
> Crispies?  I'd hate to buy a whole box of that stuff just for a
> couple of cups worth.   (I'd half this recipe -- too big!)--
>
> Gail Bayley Hanrahan

Yah, I know, it's kind of a bug.  You can always make the
marshmallow squares they always give the recipie for.  I don't know,
you could try other things.  They provide the crunchy side of the
cookie, the oatmeal, coconut, and sugar being the chewey part.  They
don't really add much to the flavor, I think.  You might try
something like corn flakes or something like that.  You might try
leaving them out all together, decreasing the butter or increasing
the oatmeal.  Good luck and let me know how it goes.

As I sit here at lunch eating the last cookies of my last batch of
logger cookies,
Gregg Lobdell