[comp.unix.questions] AWK scripts

wrwalke@nswc-wo.arpa (11/15/88)

It's hard to rtfm when you can't find a fm.  so, here you go...

i was recently forced by circumstances beyond my control to use
awk for output of a set of programs.  at first it seemed as you
have noticed, like the hamster got loose on the keyboard.  a friend
reccomended the original source of information, the creators of awk.

Aho, Weinberger and Kernigan produced a well written and easy to follow
guide to awk, "the awk programming language", available from major bookstores
and published by at&t.  i found it quite useful.

good luck, hope it helps.

william r walker

wrwalke@nswc-wo.arpa

ark@alice.UUCP (Andrew Koenig) (11/15/88)

In article <17524@adm.BRL.MIL>, wrwalke@nswc-wo.arpa writes:

> Aho, Weinberger and Kernigan produced a well written and easy to follow
> guide to awk, "the awk programming language", available from major bookstores
> and published by at&t.  i found it quite useful.

No, it's published by Addison-Wesley.
--
				--Andrew Koenig
				  ark@europa.att.com