[comp.unix.questions] Difference among different UNIX versions

ado@elsie.UUCP (Arthur David Olson) (11/29/88)

In article <8990@smoke.BRL.MIL>, gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) writes:
> In article <8516@elsie.UUCP> ado@elsie.UUCP (Arthur David Olson) writes:
> > In article <8980@smoke.BRL.MIL>, gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) writes:
> >
> > (And when is BRL going to get rid of the extra space in front of the
> > right parenthesis, anyway? )
>
> Probably whenever we install news software that does it right. . .

Folks are invited to examine the "In article" lines above and draw their
own conclusions as to whether the news software is to blame for the extra
space.
--
	Arthur David Olson    ado@ncifcrf.gov    ADO is a trademark of Ampex.

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) (11/29/88)

In article <8517@elsie.UUCP> ado@elsie.UUCP (Arthur David Olson) writes:
-In article <8990@smoke.BRL.MIL>, gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) writes:
-> In article <8516@elsie.UUCP> ado@elsie.UUCP (Arthur David Olson) writes:
-> > In article <8980@smoke.BRL.MIL>, gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) writes:
-> > (And when is BRL going to get rid of the extra space in front of the
-> > right parenthesis, anyway? )
-> Probably whenever we install news software that does it right. . .
-Folks are invited to examine the "In article" lines above and draw their
-own conclusions as to whether the news software is to blame for the extra
-space.

That's pretty silly, since they have no indication of which releases of
what news software each of us is using, nor what differences in the GCOS
field usage there are at the two sites.  In fact what SHOULD appear is
	gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB))

As I said, we didn't write the news software that we're using.
We didn't fix it, but then we're not paid to do that (who is?).