[comp.unix.questions] Adventure shell

jjoshua@topaz.rutgers.edu (Jon Joshua) (11/30/88)

	I heard someone mention a shell called the adventure shell.
This shell turned Unix into an adventure game where you could pick up
files and drop them elsewhere etc...  Does anyone have more info on
this shell?  Better yet, does anyone have a copy?

JOn.
|o|   Jonathan Joshua    jjoshua@topaz.rutgers.edu          Why not...      |o|
|o|                                                   Nothing better to do  |o|
|o|                 Anything is possible,                                   |o|
\o|                     except for skiing through a revolving door.         |o|
  \_  ____/ \                                                               |o|
    \/       \       _______________________________  ______________________|o|
              \___  /                               \/
                  \/

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) (12/01/88)

In article <Nov.30.01.27.00.1988.14076@topaz.rutgers.edu> jjoshua@topaz.rutgers.edu (Jon Joshua) writes:
>	I heard someone mention a shell called the adventure shell.
>This shell turned Unix into an adventure game where you could pick up
>files and drop them elsewhere etc...  Does anyone have more info on
>this shell?  Better yet, does anyone have a copy?

I mailed you the one I devised a few years ago.  Mine was inspired by
somebody's joke, but it really does work and some people even claim to
like it as a shell (they must be crazy).  It's a huge Bourne shell
script.  The version I sent requires shell functions, which is an SVR2
or later feature.  If you have an obsolete shell, you will need to
change the use of those functions (which manipulate lists) to in-line
shell code.  There are also some definitions at the start of the file
for paginators, etc. that you'll need to configure properly.  I think
my distribution kit includes source code for the "ask" utility which
is used to get responses to yes/no questions.