[comp.unix.questions] AWK on PC

A8411DAA%AWIUNI11.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Gregor Reich) (12/06/88)

There is an AWK for the PC available from SIMTEL20.
It is in the subdirectory <msdos.txtutl> and is called GAWK.ARC.

                Gregor Reich  (A8411DAA @ AWIUNI11)
Institute f. Analytical Chemistry      University of Vienna

sscott@camdev.UUCP (Steve Scott) (12/09/88)

In article <17720@adm.BRL.MIL> A8411DAA%AWIUNI11.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Gregor Reich) writes:
>There is an AWK for the PC available from SIMTEL20.
>It is in the subdirectory <msdos.txtutl> and is called GAWK.ARC.
>
>                Gregor Reich  (A8411DAA @ AWIUNI11)
>Institute f. Analytical Chemistry      University of Vienna

Please excuse me for not being quite knowledgeable about this BUT, how
would one get to SIMTEL20?  If you got there, would you use anonymous
FTP to get the file?  Could the GAWK source be posted to comp.unix.sources?

Regards,

Steve Scott
texbell!camdev!sscott