[comp.unix.questions] NICE'ed process accounting stats

ntm1169@dsacg1.UUCP (Mott Given) (12/22/88)

Is there any way to tell from the UNIX accounting statistics which processes
were running in "nice" status?  We are using Gould UTX version of UNIX
(based upon BSD).
--
Mott Given @ Defense Logistics Agency ,DSAC-TMP, P.O. Box 1605,
	    Systems Automation Center, Columbus, OH 43216-5002

debra@alice.UUCP (Paul De Bra) (12/22/88)

In article <599@dsacg1.UUCP> ntm1169@dsacg1.UUCP (Mott Given) writes:
>Is there any way to tell from the UNIX accounting statistics which processes
>were running in "nice" status?  We are using Gould UTX version of UNIX

Nope. (I looked at this problem in the kernel source for UTX/32 and the
accounting info it generates does not include anything about the nice status.)

That's life. There's no reward for being nice;-)

Paul.
|debra@research.att.com   | uunet!research!debra     |