[net.music] Bushamania

schneider@2littl.DEC (DANIEL SCHNEIDER) (10/10/85)

> What's really scary is that she's suddenly become a *huge* success in
> Boston!  "Running Up That Hill" has been the number one song for a month
> on the commercial radio station I listen to sometimes (WFNX).  It became
> the number one video within a week of appearing on WVJV, the music video
> TV station around here.  They are playing it all over the stupid AOR
> station and the even worse disco radio station.  I've seen TV
> commercials for "Hounds of Love"!  I've seen TV commercials that use the
> music for "Running Up That Hill" as the background music!  I saw a
> half-page ad for "Hounds of Love" in a newspaper with the slogan "A
> Rising Star"!  The pop record chain store around here is having a
> special sale where they stay open past midnight for a week and "Hounds
> of Love" is their featured album!  They even mentioned Kate Bush on
> Entertainment Tonight!
> I'm starting to get worried!
> 				 Doug Alan
> 				  nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)

As a fellow resident of the Boston area, Doug, I can't say I've been so
overwhelmed with this KateBushamania, though I have seen the video
twice on V66.  Relax, the commercializing isn't so powerful or rampant
as you make it appear.  It'll be gone before you know it so try to enjoy
her exposure while you can being that you've been hankering for it.
Love that marble vinyl, too!

		Daniel Schneider
		{decvax}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-2littl!schneider

P.S. You should try listening to BCN some too.  Sounds to me like you
     missed the live telephone interview with her last week!

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (10/12/85)

> From: Daniel Schneider

> P.S. You should try listening to BCN some too.  Sounds to me like you
>      missed the live telephone interview with her last week!

Unfortunately.  No one taped it did they?  Did they announce this in
advance?  In any case, it's not worth it -- I can't put up with all the
typical AOR dreck that WBCN plays.

I called them up twice sometime in August to ask if they'd play Kate
Bush's new song?  Once they said "Kate who?"  The other time they said
"Didn't she die?"  Now they have an interview with her....