[comp.unix.questions] DAG - A Program that Draws Graphs

cdb@hpclcdb.HP.COM (Carl Burch) (01/24/89)

     I found an article titled "DAG - A Program that Draws Directed Graphs"
in Software Practice and Experience (Nov. 88).  It compiles its input
language into either PIC or Postscript.  It looks like just the thing
for our usual job of doing documentation or slides for data structures and
the like.
     Does anyone know if there's a copy floating around?  Has anyone tried
it out?
						- Carl Burch

ekrell@hector.UUCP (Eduardo Krell) (01/25/89)

In article <720004@hpclcdb.HP.COM> cdb@hpclcdb.HP.COM (Carl Burch) writes:

>     I found an article titled "DAG - A Program that Draws Directed Graphs"

>     Does anyone know if there's a copy floating around?

There are no copies of DAG outside AT&T .

Eduardo Krell                   AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ

UUCP: {att,decvax,ucbvax}!ulysses!ekrell  Internet: ekrell@ulysses.att.com

emv@a.cc.umich.edu (Ed Vielmetti) (01/25/89)

In article <11136@ulysses.homer.nj.att.com> ekrell@hector.UUCP (Eduardo Krell) writes:
>In article <720004@hpclcdb.HP.COM> cdb@hpclcdb.HP.COM (Carl Burch) writes:
>>     I found an article titled "DAG - A Program that Draws Directed Graphs"
>>     Does anyone know if there's a copy floating around?
>There are no copies of DAG outside AT&T .

is it part of v8 ? v9 ? v10 ?  are man pages available?

some good directed graph drawing support would sure help my
map hacking.....

--Ed

friedl@vsi.COM (Stephen J. Friedl) (01/25/89)

In article <720004@hpclcdb.HP.COM> cdb@hpclcdb.HP.COM (Carl Burch) writes:

>     I found an article titled "DAG - A Program that Draws Directed Graphs"
>     Does anyone know if there's a copy floating around?

In article <11136@ulysses.homer.nj.att.com>, ekrell@hector.UUCP (Eduardo Krell) writes:
> There are no copies of DAG outside AT&T .
              ^-- legal :-)

     Steve

P.S. - No, I don't have it.

--
Stephen J. Friedl        3B2-kind-of-guy            friedl@vsi.com
V-Systems, Inc.       I speak for you only      attmail!vsi!friedl