[comp.unix.questions] Need source for cut

mr2w+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael F. Riccio) (01/22/89)

For some reason, the IBM RT's here at Carnegie Mellon do not have the
unix program cut available, and I can't seem to find the source for
it anywhere.  If someone could either point me to it (ftp is fine) or
email me a copy of it, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you.

Mike Riccio
Academic Computing				Arpa:   mr2w+@andrew.cmu.edu
Carnegie Mellon University			Bitnet: R746MR2W@CMCCVB

mr2w+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael F. Riccio) (01/23/89)

Thanks to those who replied so quickly.  In case anyone else needs this source
code, the sources for cut and paste are available by anonymous FTP from the
comp.sources.unix archive on uunet, in the directory comp.sources.unix/volume8.

Mike Riccio
Academic Computing                              Arpa:   mr2w+@andrew.cmu.edu
Carnegie Mellon University                      Bitnet: R746MR2W@CMCCVB

Disclaimer: I didn't say it!  Honest!!!

wyle@solaris.UUCP (Mitchell Wyle) (01/26/89)

mr2w+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael F. Riccio) writes:
>For some reason, the IBM RT's here at Carnegie Mellon do not have the
>unix program cut available, and I can't seem to find the source for

You want to use sed instead.  I tore cut out of my mailsplit package
when I ported it other unix machines.  (Sung to the tune of "Anything
You can do, I can do better:")

  Everything cut can do sed can faster.
  sed can do anything better for you.
--