[comp.unix.questions] Interactive 386/ix and /dev/tty01...

m-liu@eastend.columbia.edu (Micky Liu) (02/13/89)

I have a generic 386 box that I have installed Interactive's 386/ix
V2.0 on.  I have succesfully gotten /dev/tty00 to work even though the
sysadm scripts that are used for ttymgmt are not working properly.  I
just had to make the appropriate entries in /etc/inittab and
/etc/gettydefs.  When I tried to do similar things for /dev/tty01 some
funny things occur...  No matter how quickly I make the settings, the
login prompt appears on my terminal at about one character per second,
that is, it types "login:" on my terminal very slowly...  But then it
hangs there without receiving input...  The entries in /etc/inittab
and /etc/gettydefs are identical except for the label tty01 vs. tty00.
Any clues as to what is causing this type of behaviour?

Thanx!

Micky Liu

  arpa: micky@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu
  uucp: ...!rutgers!columbia!eastend!m-liu
bitnet: malua@cuvmc

zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jon Zeeff) (02/14/89)

In article <6161@columbia.edu> micky@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu writes:
>funny things occur...  No matter how quickly I make the settings, the
>login prompt appears on my terminal at about one character per second,
>that is, it types "login:" on my terminal very slowly...  But then it

>Any clues as to what is causing this type of behaviour?

Are you sure you have interrupts enabled on your serial port card?  It
sounds like the tty driver not receiving an interrupt and timimg
out after awhile.

--
  Jon Zeeff			zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us
  Ann Arbor, MI			mailrus!b-tech!zeeff