[comp.unix.questions] MKS vi initialization

bga@bgalli.eds.com (Billy G. Allie) (03/02/89)

In article <4872@sfsup.UUCP>, saal@sfsup.UUCP (+Saal S.) writes:

> How does this [MKS's] vi deal with the ".exrc" file?
> I assume there is a variable you can set somewhere
> that sets the name?

The name of the ".exrc" file for MKS's vi is "ex.rc".  The search order for
this file is the current directory followed by the directory given by the
HOME environmental variable followed by the root directory.  Also, if the
environmental variable EXINIT exists, it's contents (which are ex commands)
will be executed.  This occurs in place of the execution of the commands in
"ex.rc".
--
____	   | Billy G. Allie	| Internet..: bga@bgalli.eds.com
|-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126	| Compuserve: 76337,2061