[comp.unix.questions] USENIX Conference Proceedings

po@volta.ece.utexas.edu (02/14/89)

I am interested in collecting all the USENIX Conference Proceedings
published so far.
Does anyone have an idea about how long it would take to order from:
	USENIX Associatioin
	P.O. Box 2299
	Berkeley, CA 94701
Do they have all the past conference proceedings available?
Is there a phone number or email address for ordering?

Thanks,
  Po

ark@alice.UUCP (Andrew Koenig) (02/15/89)

In article <196@henry.ece.utexas.edu>, po@volta.ece.utexas.edu writes:
> I am interested in collecting all the USENIX Conference Proceedings
> published so far.
> Does anyone have an idea about how long it would take to order from:
> 	USENIX Associatioin
> 	P.O. Box 2299
> 	Berkeley, CA 94701

They seem to be pretty quick.  When I've ordered conference
proceedings from them, they've shown up within a few weeks,
and that includes the delays from our purchasing department.

I will ask them for a list of available proceedings and prices
and post the answer when it arrives.
--
				--Andrew Koenig
				  ark@europa.att.com

reggie@pdn.nm.paradyne.com (George W. Leach) (02/18/89)

In article <8918@alice.UUCP> ark@alice.UUCP (Andrew Koenig) writes:
>In article <196@henry.ece.utexas.edu>, po@volta.ece.utexas.edu writes:

>> I am interested in collecting all the USENIX Conference Proceedings
>> published so far.
>> Does anyone have an idea about how long it would take to order from:
>> 	USENIX Associatioin
>> 	P.O. Box 2299
>> 	Berkeley, CA 94701

>They seem to be pretty quick.  When I've ordered conference
>proceedings from them, they've shown up within a few weeks,
>and that includes the delays from our purchasing department.

     That does seem to be the norm.

>I will ask them for a list of available proceedings and prices
>and post the answer when it arrives.

      The latest issue of ;login: (the bimonthly newsletter of the
USENIX Association) lists the following on page 48:

Large Installation Sys Admin Workshop, 1988			$ 8
C++ Conference, 1988						$30
UNIX and Supercomputers Workshop, 1988				$20
UNIX Security Workshop, 1988					$ 5
SF USENIX Conference, 1988					$20
C++ Workshop, 1987						$30
Graphics Workshop IV, 1987					$10
Wash, D.C. USENIX Conference, 1987				$10
Graphics Workshop III, 1986					$10

     And, of course, there are the Proceedings from the recent San Diego
Conference.  I believe the price went up to $30 on this, but I could be
wrong.  The above prices are *only* for domestic mailing.  There are
additional fees for overseas air delivery.  Payment *must* be enclosed
with the order and must be drawn on a US bank.

--
George W. Leach					Paradyne Corporation
..!uunet!pdn!reggie				Mail stop LG-129

sidhus@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (sarvjeev sidhu) (04/07/89)

Hi Netters,

I am in urgent need of the following:

	1. Indexes of the USENIX Conference Proceedings, starting 1984-85.

	2. Particular papers from some of the back issues.

	3. Subscription information for the future issues.

	4. Information on availabilities of back volumes.

The Science Library at my University (University of Georgia) and
the CS Deptt. both, do not subscribe to the Proceedings.
Unfortunately neither do Georgia Tech. or Clemson.

Please e-mail the information to me at mani@csun1.cs.uga.edu
or mani%csun1.cs.uga.edu@gatech.edu

Thanx

--mani.