[net.cooks] chatter

kscott@ucsfcgl.UUCP (Kevin Scott%Kuntz) (11/14/85)

  I haven't read net.cooks in quite a while, and recently resubscribed after
talking to a friend of mine who cooks as much as I used to.  I was quite
surprised, as I looked over the 200 or so articles still stored in the machine
by the number of times my hand hit the n key.  Maybe one article out of 5 had a
recipe.  Perhaps there could be a net.cooks.comments , or in the tradition of
net.jokes, where an article which is commentary has a joke tacked at the end,
start having 'obligatory' recipes posted after a posting which was not a
recipe (Imagine, each time a person wanted to write in about woks or acorns
they would have to dig a recipe out of their file, presumably one good enough
for posting!).  I hope this article does not result in a deluge of other
commentary articles, post if you must, but if you reply to me through
E-mail I will do a summary 10 days from now.

Can't wait to try out the recipes I gleaned today!
				 -Kscott

--
two to the power of five thousand against and falling ...

kscott@ucsfcgl.UUCP (Kevin Scott%Kuntz) (11/23/85)

In anearlier article I wrote:
>  I haven't read net.cooks in quite a while, and recently resubscribed after
>talking to a friend of mine who cooks as much as I used to.  I was quite
>surprised, as I looked over the 200 or so articles still stored in the machine
>by the number of times my hand hit the n key.  Maybe one article out of 5 had a
>recipe.  Perhaps there could be a net.cooks.comments , or in the tradition of
>net.jokes, where an article which is commentary has a joke tacked at the end,
>start having 'obligatory' recipes posted after a posting which was not a
>recipe (Imagine, each time a person wanted to write in about woks or acorns
>they would have to dig a recipe out of their file, presumably one good enough
>for posting!).

  The replies I recieved were virtually unaminous:  the subject of net.cooks
is cooks and cooking, not recipes.  My blunder, the description of the news
group periodically posted in the list of news groups and content (in
net.announce.newusers),is that net.cooks is about cooking, not just recipe
postings.  I also observed today that mod.recipes has been created, I don't
think it will be as successful as possible because it is mod and not net,
but I hope it works out.  Those of you who pointed out I did not leave a
recipe in the last article, look for me in mod.recipes!
				  -So long and thanks for all the fish recipes,
				      kscott
--
two to the power of five thousand against and falling ...