[comp.unix.questions] Upping the number of users on a Celerity

mark@alias.UUCP (Mark Andrews) (05/18/89)

I've got 2 Celerity C1200's here. They are both running O.S: 3.3.3.
One allows a maximum of 16 users to be logged on at one time and the
other allows a maximum of 8 users.

How can I increase the number of allowable users on the 8 user machine?
I have verified that there are sufficent pseudo-ttys (16 on each C1200)
and have tried modifying "/config" to reflect 17 as the maximum number of
users (16 ptys + console), then rebooted with no luck.

One key difference between the 2 machines is that the one that supports
16 users has 10 hard-wired (8 ttyhX's + 2 ttymX's) ports and the other
has 2 hard-wired ports (ttymX's). We are using Bridge Servers to
connect to the C1200's, so the majority of users are logged in via ptys
using telnet. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

- Mark
	Mark Andrews
	Systems Programmer,
	Alias Research,
	Toronto, Canada
Phone:	(416)-362-9181
UUCP:	alias!mark@utcsri.uucp

rogerk@mips.COM (Roger B.A. Klorese) (05/26/89)

In article <300@alias.UUCP> mark@alias.UUCP (Mark Andrews) writes:
>I've got 2 Celerity C1200's here. They are both running O.S: 3.3.3.
>One allows a maximum of 16 users to be logged on at one time and the
>other allows a maximum of 8 users.
>How can I increase the number of allowable users on the 8 user machine?

You pay FPS for the upgrade string which will unlock the proper NVRAM
bit to allow a 16-user license.
--
ROGER B.A. KLORESE      MIPS Computer Systems, Inc.      phone: +1 408 720-2939
928 E. Arques Ave.  Sunnyvale, CA  94086             voicemail: +1 408 991-7802