[net.cooks] Cooking in the Nude

libes@nbs-amrf.UUCP (Don Libes) (11/28/85)

> >All I can say is, these people obsessed with what to have for dinner
> >must not have very good sex lives...
> >
> >Barbara Wagner  (a friend of Andy's)
> >                (just on the net for the day...)
> Not if you have dinner in the nude....

Actually, I've always thought that everyone who wastes their time with this
(and most other newsgroups) must not have very good sex lives.  (And I
refuse to admit how many newsgroups I read.)

A friend of mine gave me a (5 vol) cookbook by the title "Cooking in the
Nude".  They're amusing to read (although not as much fun as Forum
Letters) because of the constant double entrendres and some ribald humor.
Surprisingly, the cookbooks have some excellent dishes in them and they
really are slanted toward romantic gourmet dining.

Highly recommended.  Oh, by the way, there is a version for men-only,
women-only and one for serving parties of 3 to 30!

Don Libes       {seismo,umcp-cs}!nbs-amrf!libes

wildbill@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU (William J. Laubenheimer) (11/29/85)

>> >All I can say is, these people obsessed with what to have for dinner
>> >must not have very good sex lives...
>> >
>> >Barbara Wagner  (a friend of Andy's)
>> >                (just on the net for the day...)
>> Not if you have dinner in the nude....
>>
>Actually, I've always thought that everyone who wastes their time with this
>(and most other newsgroups) must not have very good sex lives.  (And I
>refuse to admit how many newsgroups I read.)
>
>A friend of mine gave me a (5 vol) cookbook by the title "Cooking in the
>Nude".  They're amusing to read (although not as much fun as Forum
>Letters) because of the constant double entrendres and some ribald humor.
>Surprisingly, the cookbooks have some excellent dishes in them and they
>really are slanted toward romantic gourmet dining.
>
>Highly recommended.  Oh, by the way, there is a version for men-only,
>women-only and one for serving parties of 3 to 30!
>
>Don Libes       {seismo,umcp-cs}!nbs-amrf!libes

Still more on cooking in the nude, from science-fiction writer Joe Haldeman,
in his story collection \\Infinite Dreams//:

"... Lower-case bacon, I know a great deal about, including an infallible
method for cooking perfect bacon every time. Cook it in the nude. This
trains you to keep the heat down so it won't stick or spatter, and it
can't burn."

Has anybody tried this? I'm curious as to whether it works; unfortunately,
bacon is fairly low on my list of favorite foods.

                                        Bill Laubenheimer
----------------------------------------UC-Berkeley Computer Science
     ...Killjoy went that-a-way--->     ucbvax!wildbill

gt4395b@gitpyr.UUCP (Christodoulou,Michael Joseph) (12/02/85)

In article <11112@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> wildbill@ucbvax.UUCP (William J. Laubenheimer) writes:

>Still more on cooking in the nude, from science-fiction writer Joe Haldeman,
>in his story collection \\Infinite Dreams//:
>
>"... Lower-case bacon, I know a great deal about, including an infallible
>method for cooking perfect bacon every time. Cook it in the nude. This
>trains you to keep the heat down so it won't stick or spatter, and it
>can't burn."
>
>Has anybody tried this? I'm curious as to whether it works; unfortunately,
>bacon is fairly low on my list of favorite foods.

OUCH!   That would probably work, but the learning curve would be hell!

                                 -- Mike Christodoulou