[comp.unix.questions] Maxtor Tahiti on Adaptek 4070

barton@holston.UUCP (barton) (05/30/89)

A friend is wanting to install a Maxtor Tahiti on the
Adaptek 4070...will this work?

Is anyone else using this combo? Please email replies
as Maxtor is not very helpful.

Barton A. Fisk          | UUCP: {texbell,uunet}!warble!holston!barton
PO Box 1781             | DOMAIN: barton@holston.UUCP
Lake Charles, La. 70602 | ----------------------------------------
318-439-5984            | +++++ "Hal, open the pod bay doors" --- Dave

rkh@mtune.ATT.COM (Robert Halloran) (06/12/89)

In article <26@holston.UUCP> barton@holston.UUCP (barton) writes:
>A friend is wanting to install a Maxtor Tahiti on the
>Adaptek 4070...will this work?
>
>Is anyone else using this combo? Please email replies
>as Maxtor is not very helpful.

I'm not overly surprised at Maxtor's attitude.  The Tahiti is ALREADY a
SCSI device, as I recall, so hooking it up to an ST506-to-SCSI adapter
is pointless.  Tell your friend to simply hook up the drive where the
Adaptek controller is currently plugged in and go.  Presumably s/he has
a system capable of talking to SCSI, so the only issue would be partitioning
the drive as suits them.

						Bob Halloran
UUCP: att!mtune!rkh				Internet: rkh@mtune.ATT.COM
USPS: 17 Lakeland Dr, Port Monmouth NJ 07758	DDD: 201-495-6621 eve ET
Disclaimer: If you think AT&T would have ME as a spokesman, you're crazed.
Quote: "Well, if it wasn't Buckaroo Banzai, I'd say 'commit the man.'"
		 - where else?