[comp.unix.questions] Re^2: Yes, vi can reformat a paragraph without using !child...

tony@oha.UUCP (Tony Olekshy) (06/21/89)

In message <2783@solo8.cs.vu.nl>, maart@cs.vu.nl (Maarten Litmaath) writes:

> tony@oha.UUCP (Tony Olekshy) writes:
> >
> > Repeat the keystroke until the paragraph is cleaned up. [...]
>
> I'd rather not reformat a long paragraph line by line, thank you.

Fine by me Maarten, but on this 25Mhz puppy it makes vi look like a part-
time word processor.  I had to smile.  And, as other posters have pointed
out, my solution is quite limited.  In fact, it fails if the join is shorter
than 78 characters.  But my fingers know just when to insert an extra J,
so I'm taking them out to dinner tonight ;-)

Yours, etc., Tony Olekshy (...!alberta!oha!tony or tony@oha.UUCP).