[net.cooks] more than what you want to know on how to properly cook a toikey

bandy@lll-crg.ARpA (Andrew Scott Beals) (11/19/85)

In article <209@unirot.UUCP> liz@unirot.UUCP (Mamaliz ) writes:
> [ lots of good_stuff on how to cook a TURKEY (liz makes GREAT turkey!) ]
>Stuff both cavities lightly.  Do not
>try to fill them up too much or the turkey might explode.  Stuffing expands
>when it cooks.

Since Hobbit doesn't read this group, I shall take it upon myself to
point out that if you wrapped the turkey liberally (yes, what does a
"mud-brained crypto-fascist" know about liberal..)  with duct tape
then it won't explode when you stick the temperature probe in. Duct
tape is easily obtainable at grocery, hardware and pet stores...
--
There once was a thing called a V-2,
To pilot which you did not need to--

andy beals - bandy@lll-crg.arpa - {seismo,ihnp4!sun,dual}!lll-crg!bandy

liz@unirot.UUCP (Mamaliz ) (11/19/85)

In article <996@lll-crg.ARpA> bandy@lll-crg.UUCP (Andrew Scott Beals) writes:

>Since Hobbit doesn't read this group, I shall take it upon myself to
>point out that if you wrapped the turkey liberally (yes, what does a
>"mud-brained crypto-fascist" know about liberal..)  with duct tape
>then it won't explode when you stick the temperature probe in. Duct
>tape is easily obtainable at grocery, hardware and pet stores...
>--

But bandy my love, how will the skin get crispy if the turkey is all
wrapped up in duct tape?

And you forgot, that is "red-haired, bushy, mud-brained crypto-fascist".

mmmmmmmmmmm
lizzy

suze@terak.UUCP (Suzanne Barnett) (11/21/85)

> In article <996@lll-crg.ARpA> bandy@lll-crg.UUCP (Andrew Scott Beals) writes:
> >
> >Since Hobbit doesn't read this group, I shall take it upon myself to
> >point out that if you wrapped the turkey liberally (yes, what does a
> >"mud-brained crypto-fascist" know about liberal..)  with duct tape
> >then it won't explode when you stick the temperature probe in. Duct
> >tape is easily obtainable at grocery, hardware and pet stores...
> >--
>
> But bandy my love, how will the skin get crispy if the turkey is all
> wrapped up in duct tape?
>
> And you forgot, that is "red-haired, bushy, mud-brained crypto-fascist".
>
> mmmmmmmmmmm
> lizzy

Since we're talking about poultry, don't you mean "duck tape"? ;-)
(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
Suzanne Barnett-Scott

uucp:	 ...{decvax,ihnp4,noao,savax,seismo}!terak!suze
phone:	 (602) 998-4800
us mail: CalComp/Sanders Display Products Division
	 (Formerly Terak Corporation)
	 14151 N 76th street, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

ems@amdahl.UUCP (ems) (12/06/85)

> In article <996@lll-crg.ARpA> bandy@lll-crg.UUCP (Andrew Scott Beals) writes:
> >Since Hobbit doesn't read this group, I shall take it upon myself to
> >point out that if you wrapped the turkey liberally (yes, what does a
> >"mud-brained crypto-fascist" know about liberal..)  with duct tape
> >then it won't explode when you stick the temperature probe in. Duct
> >tape is easily obtainable at grocery, hardware and pet stores...
>
> But bandy my love, how will the skin get crispy if the turkey is all
> wrapped up in duct tape?

Uhhh, I always thought it was Duck Tape, and the useage in cooking
was limited to baked duck ...

--

E. Michael Smith  ...!{hplabs,ihnp4,amd,nsc}!amdahl!ems

'If you can dream it, you can do it'  Walt Disney

This is the obligatory disclaimer of everything. (Including but
not limited to: typos, spelling, diction, logic, and nuclear war)