[comp.unix.questions] copying catridge tapes on Suns

Pabbisetty.henr@xerox.com (Nagesh Pabbisetty) (07/19/89)

I have 2 Sun 4/110's connected by an ethernet. Each of the Suns has a
catridge tape drive. I would like copy the contents of one catridge tape to
another 'new' catridge tape.

What is the best way to accomplish this "duplication" task?

Thanks, in advance.

Nagesh
716-427-5458 / 5257

white@white.cs.unc.edu (Brian T. White) (07/20/89)

Nagesh Pabbisetty writes:

> I have 2 Sun 4/110's connected by an ethernet. Each of the Suns has a
> catridge tape drive. I would like copy the contents of one catridge tape to
> another 'new' catridge tape.
>
> What is the best way to accomplish this "duplication" task?

I would try this:

dd if=/dev/rst0 bs=126b | rsh othermachine dd of=/dev/rst0 bs=126b