[comp.unix.questions] C beautifier wanted

rayc@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Ray Cole) (07/19/89)

	Hi
		I'm looking for a public domain C beautifier, preferably
	designed for old-style (not ANSI) C, to run on a Sun 3.
	Is there one archived somewhere?

						-Ray
						 Ray.Cole@SanDiego.NCR.COM
						 ...sdcsvax!ncr-sd!tw-rnd!rayc

rbj@dsys.ncsl.nist.gov (Root Boy Jim) (07/20/89)

? From: Ray Cole <rayc@tw-rnd.sandiego.ncr.com>
? Date: 18 Jul 89 17:23:42 GMT

? 	Hi
? 		I'm looking for a public domain C beautifier, preferably
? 	designed for old-style (not ANSI) C, to run on a Sun 3.
? 	Is there one archived somewhere?

The `indent' program that comes with 4.3BSD has been released for
public distribution. Not exactly PD, but you can use it anyway you want
as long as you leave the copyright intact.

Sun snazzed up their version a bit, so it's not quite up to that level,
but it has enuf options to keep you busy for awhile.

Try anonymous FTP to UUNET.UU.NET. There may be other versions in
their source archives. SNoop around.

? 						-Ray
? 						 Ray.Cole@SanDiego.NCR.COM
? 						 ...sdcsvax!ncr-sd!tw-rnd!rayc

	Root Boy Jim
	Have GNU, Will Travel.

rbj@dsys.ncsl.nist.gov (Root Boy Jim) (07/20/89)

? From: Ray Cole <rayc@tw-rnd.sandiego.ncr.com>
? Date: 18 Jul 89 17:23:42 GMT

talvola@janus.berkeley.edu (Erik Talvola) (07/26/89)

   From: Ray Cole <rayc@tw-rnd.sandiego.ncr.com>
   Date: 18 Jul 89 17:23:42 GMT

   	Hi
   		I'm looking for a public domain C beautifier, preferably
   	designed for old-style (not ANSI) C, to run on a Sun 3.
   	Is there one archived somewhere?

You may want to look at the GNU Indent, available from prep.ai.mit.edu
by anonymous FTP as /pub/gnu/indent-1.0.tar.Z.

--
---------------------------+
Erik Talvola               | "It's just what we need... a colossal negative

rayc@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Ray Cole) (07/26/89)

>	Hi
>		I'm looking for a public domain C beautifier, preferably
>	designed for old-style (not ANSI) C, to run on a Sun 3.
>	Is there one archived somewhere?
>

>						-Ray
>						 Ray.Cole@SanDiego.NCR.COM
>						 ...sdcsvax!ncr-sd!tw-rnd!rayc

	Thanks to all who responded to my request for a C beautifier.  I have
obtained one (several actually) in the mail.  Several people pointed out that
"indent" comes with the Sun system.  This is true -- I did not find it before
because I was looking for a C beautifier under a different name.  Indent does
what I want; I will use it.
	Again, thanks to all who responded.

					-Ray
					 Ray.Cole@SanDiego.NCR.COM