[comp.unix.questions] Looking for Korn Shell

gsg0384@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (07/29/89)

Hi,

I have heard that a PD (public domain?) Korn shell exists.
Where can I find such a beast?  I guess the porting is not less simple
than Gnu emacs porting.  Then I will forget PD Korn shell.

Our computer is Ardent Titan, BTW.   Kochan's shell programming
book says that AT&T has an on-line shop which sells Korn shell.  Does the shop
maintain every the version for every different computer?  How much
is it?

Hugh       gsg0384@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
      Cc:  song@ardent1.ceg.uiuc.edu

kevin@msa3b.UUCP (Kevin P. Kleinfelter) (07/30/89)

gsg0384@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>book says that AT&T has an on-line shop which sells Korn shell.  Does the shop
>maintain every the version for every different computer?  How much
>is it?
My AT&T catalog lists source for Korn Shell for $3000.  AT&T only sells
binaries for AT&T computers.

I too am looking for Korn Shell.  I need it for AIX, and only need binary.
If anyone knows of a source for this (for less than $3000) please let me know.
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Management Science America, Inc (404) 239-2347
gatech!nanovx!msa3b!kevin

smartin@iemisi.dhc (Stephen Martin) (08/03/89)

Is the Bourne Again Shell compatable with the Korn Shell?
--
  /__/ /  / /__   /  /\ / /  _   Stephen Martin, Boeing Canada, Toronto.

ott@guug.UUCP (OTT GmbH) (08/08/89)

For AIX take the ksh from mp-unix (tar or whatever).
Joachim Ott, Munich, West Germany