[comp.unix.questions] XBBS Needed

SEBRELL_%CTSTATEU.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (08/23/89)

Hello!  Does anyone have a copy of XBBS that I can get a hold of?  I
would like to talk to someone who is running XBBS off Interactive's 386/ix.
I am running 386/ix (Core v1.0.6) on my Compaq 386/20, and I would like
to install XBBS for public use.

                                                Thanks,

                                                        - Chris M. Sebrell

PS : I only have access to Bitnet - Address : SEBRELL_CHM@CTSTATEU.BITNET
I have been unsuccessful in obtaining a copy from simtel20, or other well-
known sources.

sandy@conexch.UUCP (Sandford Zelkovitz) (08/24/89)

In article <20687@adm.BRL.MIL>, SEBRELL_%CTSTATEU.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:

> Hello!  Does anyone have a copy of XBBS that I can get a hold of?  I
> would like to talk to someone who is running XBBS off Interactive's 386/ix.
> I am running 386/ix (Core v1.0.6) on my Compaq 386/20, and I would like
> to install XBBS for public use.
>
>                                                 Thanks,
>
>                                                         - Chris M. Sebrell

You might as well get it from the source! I'm the author of XBBS. You can call
my system at 714-821-9671 and download it either through the bbs of request
it via anon uucp. If you want to use uucp, the site name is alphacm and login
as nuucp with no password. The file that you want to request is as follows:
/user/bbsfiles/bbssoftware/ALLbbs.tar.Z. The present version is 7.45; however,
version 7.5 is nearly complete. This new version will have SIG support. That
is, you will be able to set up special interest groups and each group will
have its own message base and file base along with the "general" groups.

I hope that this helps,

Sanford <sandy> Zelkovitz

--
uucp: ...!uunet!zardoz!alphacm!sandy   ....!att!hermix!alphacm!sandy
      ...!trwrb!ucla-an!alphacm!sandy  ....!lcc!alphacm!sandy