[comp.unix.questions] An efficient way to learn UNIX

ghm@chem.ucsd.edu (Ghirmai Meresi) (08/23/89)

would greatly appreciate if someone could tell me what books to read
or even how to go about learning this stuff since most of the stuff
I have been reading in this newsgroup are way above my head.
Thanks in advance
ghirmai

quan@hplabsb.HP.COM (Suu Quan) (08/25/89)

In article <527@chem.ucsd.EDU>, ghm@chem.ucsd.edu (Ghirmai Meresi) writes:
> would greatly appreciate if someone could tell me what books to read
> or even how to go about learning this stuff since most of the stuff
> I have been reading in this newsgroup are way above my head.
> Thanks in advance
> ghirmai

	One great way is called "Audio Visual". There is a company
that makes cassette tapes that you can plug in to your computer, and
terminal. You listen to the tape, and interacts with the terminal while
listening to the instructions. The tape also controls the terminal.

	Don't have the name of the company in hand, but if you're
interested, I can dig it out. Unfortunately, it's not free.
--
<standard apologies for asking standard dumb questions above >
Suu Quan  (TELNET/415) 857-3594			quan@hpcmfs.corp.HP.COM