[comp.unix.questions] login service with HDB's 'cu'

russ@wpg.com (Russell Lawrence) (09/04/89)

How can I get cu, as delivered with HDB, to provide login service
using chat script info available in Systems.cu?

Thanks.
--
Russell Lawrence, WP Group, New Orleans (504) 443-5000
russ@wpg.com   uunet!wpg!russ

wnp@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Wolf Paul) (09/06/89)

In article <1456@wpg.com> russ@wpg.com (Russell Lawrence) writes:

>How can I get cu, as delivered with HDB, to provide login service
>using chat script info available in Systems.cu?

You can't, not with info in Systems. However, you can define a system-specific
dialer entry in "Dialers" which can have a login chat script.

Here is the one I use to log into this system from my home box:

A. Entry in Systems (could be in Systems.cu):

killer Any Attctc 2400 7412130

B. Entry in Devices (could be in Devices.cu):

Attctc tty00 tty00 2400 attctc

C. Entry in Dialers (could be in Dialers.cu):

attctc	=,-,	"" \dATZ\r\c OK\r ATDT\T\r\c CONNECT \n gin: wnp word: secret

As noted, if you specify so in Sysfiles, all of these could be in cu-specific
files.

"killer" is the old name of this site; I use it here to distinguish this entry
from the proper uucp entry which uses the new name, "attctc".

The Systems entry specifies a custom device "Attctc" to be used at 2400 baud;
the Devices entry specifies a dialer "attctc" to be used with device "Attctc",
and the Dialers entry, which is an extended Hayes entry, contains the login
sequence (don't try the password, it's fake :-) ).

I have entries like this for several systems, and they work quite well.
UUCP:   {texbell, attctc, dalsqnt}!dcs!wnp
DOMAIN: wnp@attctc.dallas.tx.us or wnp%dcs@texbell.swbt.com
        NOTICE: As of July 3, 1989, "killer" has become "attctc".