[comp.unix.questions] ksh for Ultrix sought

randall@uvaarpa.virginia.edu (Randall Atkinson) (09/07/89)

I'm looking to get a Korn Shell (ksh) binary for
a VAX running Ultrix 3.0 (mostly 4.2 BSD with some
bugs thrown in by DEC to make it interesting).

I know that AT&T will license the source and I know
that ksh is NOT public domain.  I want info on who
can sell me a ksh binary that will work on my system.

If you sell ksh for Ultrix or know of someone who
does, please drop me a note by mail.  If others are
interested in what I find, drop me a note and I'll
fill you in as well.  This comes dangerously close
to "commercial use of the Internet" and so followup
postings are discouraged.

Thanks

jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) (09/10/89)

randall@uvaarpa.virginia.edu (Randall Atkinson) writes:

>I'm looking to get a Korn Shell (ksh) binary for
>a VAX running Ultrix 3.0 (mostly 4.2 BSD with some
>bugs thrown in by DEC to make it interesting).

Why don't  you try using BASH (Bourne Again SHell) put out by the FSF?  It
is free, and you have source code to play with?

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.