[net.cooks] Reheating Hollandaise

nemo@rochester.UUCP (Wolfe) (01/09/86)

In article <103700009@uiucuxc> dsmith@uiucuxc.CSO.UIUC.EDU writes:

>For years I too have tried to reheat Sauce Bernaise and Sauce
>Hollandaise with rather disasterous results.  Unfortunately, just
>reheating in a double boiler has never worked for me.  The sauces
>always separate.
I haven't tried reheating sauce (never seems to be any left), but
often I have had the sauce separate while eating my first egg
benedict (yum!) or florentine (yum) (or best of both - yum yum!).
If this happens, just add a little water or lemon juice and whisk.
It always comes back together for me.
Nemo

--
Internet:	nemo@rochester.arpa
UUCP:		{decvax, allegra, seismo, cmcl2}!rochester!nemo