[comp.unix.questions] In /bin/sh: BLA=66 -->;<-- export BLA

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (10/07/89)

In article <1532@cbnewse.ATT.COM> danj1@ihlpa.ATT.COM (Dan Jacobson) writes:
>In Bourne (Korn too) shell, I've seen the cool guys write:
>	BLA=66 export BLA
>Is this guaranteed :-) to always have the same effect as:
>	BLA=66; export BLA

Originally Korn's shell didn't do this compatibly with the Bourne shell,
but upon receiving complaints he changed it to do so.  Therefore I would
say that it is likely to continue to work this way.

danj1@cbnewse.ATT.COM (Dan Jacobson, Naperville, IL) (10/07/89)

In Bourne (Korn too) shell, I've seen the cool guys write:
	BLA=66 export BLA
Is this guaranteed :-) to always have the same effect as:
	BLA=66; export BLA

Signed
	Nervous, Naperville, IL
--
Dan Jacobson, 45262, IH 1D-213, AT&T Bell Laboratories - Naperville, IL
(312) 979-6364 (until 10/89 try 4407) danj1@ihlpa.att.com   ihlpa!danj1