[net.cooks] Reheating Hollandaise - can it be d

dsmith@uiucuxc.CSO.UIUC.EDU (01/03/86)

For years I too have tried to reheat Sauce Bernaise and Sauce
Hollandaise with rather disasterous results.  Unfortunately, just
reheating in a double boiler has never worked for me.  The sauces
always separate.  The only thing that has worked, has been to create
a new batch, and add the old along with the butter.  If there is a
way to successfully reheat such sauces I'd love to know how its done.

jeffw@midas.UUCP (Jeff Winslow) (01/09/86)

In article <103700009@uiucuxc> dsmith@uiucuxc.CSO.UIUC.EDU writes:

>For years I too have tried to reheat Sauce Bernaise and Sauce
>Hollandaise with rather disasterous results.  Unfortunately, just
>reheating in a double boiler has never worked for me.  The sauces
>always separate.  The only thing that has worked, has been to create
>a new batch, and add the old along with the butter.  If there is a
>way to successfully reheat such sauces I'd love to know how its done.

Try putting the sauce container in a (much) larger container full of
water as hot as you can run out of the tap. Stir the sauce several
times as it warms. You may have to change the water a few times as it cools.
This may take some time, but the only time I've had Hollandaise separate
on me with this method was when I had so little sauce that it got hot
too fast.
    				getting fatter...
				Jeff Winslow