[comp.unix.questions] Geographical Information System

RLN101%URIACC.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu (Marshall Feldman) (10/12/89)

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has one called GRASS and G running on
3B's.

ARC/INFO runs on Suns.

CC06067@uafsysb.uark.edu (Christopher Corke) (10/12/89)

GRASS is a GIS package currently available on several Unix systems.
We run it on an MacII (A/UX) and have it ordered for a Hewlett Packard
(HP-UX).  I also understand it is available for several other Unix
machines.

   __
  /  ) /
 /    /_  __  o _
(__/ / /_/ (_(_/_)_
                                        Smail: University of Arkansas
Christopher C. Corke                           220 A.D.S.B.
System Programmer I                            155 Razorback Road
(Postmaster & Info-Rep)                        Fayetteville, AR.  72701
University of Arkansas                         (501) 575-2905
Department of Computing Services        BIT  : <CC06067@UAFSYSB.Bitnet>
                                        UUCP : <ccc1@uafhp.uucp>
                                    INTERNET : <cc06067@uafsysb.uark.edu>
                                  Apple Link : U0852
Acknowledge-To: <CC06067@UAFSYSB>

skwu@boulder.Colorado.EDU (WU SHI-KUEI) (10/12/89)

In article <21110@adm.BRL.MIL> RLN101%URIACC.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu (Marshall Feldman) writes:
>The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has one called GRASS and G running on
>3B's.
>
>ARC/INFO runs on Suns.

Great!  How does one go about getting a copy?

jwm@stda.jhuapl.edu (Jim Meritt) (10/14/89)

A piece of traffic on a miailing list I am on...
Welcome to gis-l. As you are already aware gis-l is a listserver whose
primary aim to provide a discussion about general advances, problems, and
issues in geographic information systems.  If people have suggestions
about particular issues, software, or technical developments which they
wish to discuss or see discussed gis-l  will hopefully be a good forum.
Welcome, once again.

"In these matters the only certainty is that nothing is certain"
					- Pliny the Elder
These were the opinions of :
jwm@aplvax.jhuapl.edu  - or - jwm@aplvax.uucp  - or - meritt%aplvm.BITNET