[net.cooks] Save your money

bzs@bu-cs.UUCP (Barry Shein) (12/31/85)

Ok, I'm a sucker for a new (to me) product, so I picked up a bottle
of "Shotgun Willie's" Queso sauce (appeared to be a cheese/jalapeno
glop, sounded good) for $3.19 (for about 12 oz, small bottle.) We're
talking Campbell's 'cheddar' cheese soup and a few bits of jalapeno,
we're talking lousy, don't be fooled by the high price. It was sweet
and 'cornstarchy'.

	-Barry Shein, Boston University

edward@ukecc.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) (01/08/86)

*** The following is an opinion ***

	Campbells, a name I've trusted for years, recently introduced
a line of 'sophisticated' creamy soups. I figured, "Campbells, sure,
good stuff". WRONG! These soups are terrible! I've tried Creamy Potato
and Creamy Spinich and both taste nothing like the vegtable they are
named for. As a matter of fact, both times after eating the soups, I
had a rather upset stomach. And if that weren't enough, the guest I
had over when I served the Creamy Potato soup also felt sick!

	Don't be misled by their snob-appeal advertising campaign,
stick with good ol' Chicken Noodle.

--
Edward C. Bennett

UUCP: ihnp4!cbosgd!ukma!ukecc!edward

/* A charter member of the Scooter bunch */

"Goodnight M.A."

lmv@houxa.UUCP (L.VANDERBILT) (01/08/86)

Edward C. Bennett writes:
>	Campbells, a name I've trusted for years, recently introduced
> a line of 'sophisticated' creamy soups. I figured, "Campbells, sure,
> good stuff". WRONG! These soups are terrible! I've tried Creamy Potato
> and Creamy Spinich and both taste nothing like the vegtable they are
> named for. As a matter of fact, both times after eating the soups, I
> had a rather upset stomach. And if that weren't enough, the guest I
> had over when I served the Creamy Potato soup also felt sick!

I've had the Creamy Asparagus a couple of times and the Creamy Cauliflour
once, and I thought that both were rather good.   My cat especially loved
the cauliflour soup. :-) :-)

Lynn
houxm!houxa!lmv

ttp@kestrel.ARPA (01/08/86)

In article <361@ukecc.UUCP>, edward@ukecc.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) writes:
> *** The following is an opinion ***
>
> 	Campbells, a name I've trusted for years, recently introduced
> a line of 'sophisticated' creamy soups. I figured, "Campbells, sure,
> good stuff". WRONG! These soups are terrible! I've tried Creamy Potato
> and Creamy Spinich and both taste nothing like the vegtable they are
> named for. As a matter of fact, both times after eating the soups, I
> had a rather UPSET STOMACH. And if that weren't enough, the guest I
> had over when I served the Creamy Potato soup also felt sick!
>
> 	Don't be misled by their snob-appeal advertising campaign,
> stick with good ol' Chicken Noodle.

I concur, and a friend volunteered the same opinion unsolicited. I
attributed the sickness to it's being "rich" or being slightly lactose
intolerant, but strangely enough I can eat other things.  I guess we
should inform the company.

-tom

vch@rruxo.UUCP (Kerro Panille) (01/10/86)

>I've had the Creamy Asparagus a couple of times and the Creamy Cauliflour
>once, and I thought that both were rather good.   My cat especially loved
>the cauliflour soup. :-) :-)
>
>Lynn
>houxm!houxa!lmv

You obivously haven't ever had homemade Cream of Asparagus soup. That soup
tastes like Cream of Tin Can.

--
Vince Hatem          	               ----------------		           A
Bell Communications Research           | UZI          |----------|_ _ _\/  T

   TRUE GRIT MYSTERIES - The detective series for those who NEVER eat quiche!
         (WARNING - MAY BE EMOTIONALLY DISTURBING TO HAMSTER LOVERS)