[comp.unix.questions] looking for Boston..

cs211s65@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Cs211s65) (11/28/89)

Hi.. I know this is the most outrageous cross posting in the world
and I guess you'rgonna want an explaination.. well I posted to comp.unix.questi
cause Im on a unix and I have a question. I posted to soc.college
cause Im in college and finally I posted to alt.romance cause this
is of a romantic nature. Im currently in Hawaii and want to see
a female 'friend' of mines in Boston. I need to know alot of info
for that area.. Im going to go to Hanover (sp) what would be great
is if someone would give me an internet adress or bitnet from around
there.. thanks... Sean Kearns

let me whisper my last goodbye, I know ITS SERIOUS! -smiths

pkap_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Peter Kapner) (11/28/89)

In article <5562@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu> cs211s65@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Cs211s65) writes:
|Hi.. I know this is the most outrageous cross posting in the world
|and I guess you'rgonna want an explaination.. well I posted to comp.unix.questi
|cause Im on a unix and I have a question. I posted to soc.college
|cause Im in college and finally I posted to alt.romance cause this
|is of a romantic nature. Im currently in Hawaii and want to see
|a female 'friend' of mines in Boston. I need to know alot of info
|for that area.. Im going to go to Hanover (sp) what would be great
|is if someone would give me an internet adress or bitnet from around
|there.. thanks... Sean Kearns
|
|let me whisper my last goodbye, I know ITS SERIOUS! -smiths

Perhaps you should try rec.travel....

ckd@bu-pub.bu.edu (Christopher Davis) (12/01/89)

> Hi.. I know this is the most outrageous cross posting in the world
> and I guess you'rgonna want an explaination.. well I posted to comp.unix.questi
> cause Im on a unix and I have a question. I posted to soc.college
> cause Im in college and finally I posted to alt.romance cause this
> is of a romantic nature.

Did someone miss the Emily Postnews "no, you twit, this is humor" warning?
"I posted to [comp.unix.questions] cause Im on a unix and I have a question"?

> Im currently in Hawaii and want to see
> a female 'friend' of mines in Boston.

Please, stay in Hawaii.  Preferably in the crater of Mauna Kea.

> I need to know alot of info
> for that area.. Im going to go to Hanover (sp) what would be great
> is if someone would give me an internet adress or bitnet from around
> there.. thanks... Sean Kearns

Sure.  Watch your mailbox for complete listings of:

(1) all New England BITNET nodes

(2) the domains bu.edu, mit.edu, northeastern.edu, harvard.edu,
    dartmouth.edu (since you mentioned Hanover, which is, by the way, in
    New Hampshire), maine.edu, bbn.com, and various other .com and .edu
    sites (along with some .net sites such as nnsc.nsf.net).  It's up to
    you to filter out gems like ARCMAC10.BU.EDU from the site list.

    Oh, you wanted *addresses*... oh, sure... 128.197.21.13, 128.197.2.4,
    18.62.0.14... hope you've got one heckuva disk quota.

> let me whisper my last goodbye, I know ITS SERIOUS! -smiths

But I'm not.
--
 Christopher Davis, BU SMG '90  <ckd@bu-pub.bu.edu> <smghy6c@buacca.bitnet>
 "Technology is dominated by those who manage what they do not understand."